Spry Squared, Inc. Sr. Network Engineer - Professional Services - RB201801002 in Washington, District Of Columbia
_MUST BE CLOSE TO MAJOR AIRPORT AND ABLE TO TRAVEL_
_MUST BE A US CITIZEN_
• Serve as an expert in cloud, wan optimization, networking and application performance, and applications delivery, utilizing Riverbed’s complete Applications Performance Infrastructure platform.
• Analyze and understand customer’s IT requirements and assist in achieving full adoption and utilization of Riverbed’s solutions to maximize ROI
• Prepare business readiness for cloud, application, network, and WAN optimization deployments
• Provide specialized planning and design expertise in data center consolidation and data migration
• Create immediate business value and produce solutions that fulfills customer’s needs within budget and schedule constraints
• Present and articulate advanced product features, benefits, and overall product solutions
• Work on-site and remotely with customers both individually and in teams
• Extensive experience with WireShark & Packet Analysis
• Familiarity with Network Performance Monitoring tools such as NetScout, SolarWinds, Netcool, Openview, etc.
• Strong background in core networking concepts such as routing and switching, with hands on experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, etc) in Lan and Wan environments.
• Experience desired in professional services, management consulting, or project management.
• Self-motivated and ability to operate under little supervision for remote projects delivered from home using tools like Webex
• Willingness to do some travel, be very responsive to clients
• Excellent business writing and presentation skills
• Some scripting ability is preferred (such as php, ruby, python, perl, etc)
• You have a BS in CS, EE or technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
• You have skills in supporting sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers. (7+ year’s minimum experience).
• You have skills in current and emerging storage architectures (iSCSI, SAN, FC, NAS).
• You have skills in current and emerging storage architectures, file systems, (NFS, NTFS, VMFS), Unix OS and distributed network environment.
• You have skills in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012, SMB and CIFS file system protocols.
• You have the ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits.
• You have skills in installation/configuration of ESX, VMFS, storage sub-systems, cache architectures and windowing systems.
• You have skills in LAN networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
• Certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, MCSE, RCSP and similar are a big plus.
• _DOD SECRET CLEARANCE (TS/SCI with CI Poly or Full-Scope Poly)_
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At this time we can not sponsor, or accept, any work visas (e.g. H1B, etc.) candidates to fill this positions.