IREX Short-Term Technical Consultant (Drama/Documentary Producer): TV/Radio Training Experts in Washington, District Of Columbia
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX implements a robust portfolio of activities that support the development of television and radio broadcast news production, current affairs and documentary program production, countering violent extremism (CVE)-themed media programs (specifically, drama/satire), and broadcast operations at a group of indigenous, Arabic-language, media outlets. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, selected candidates will deliver on-site (on-the-job) training for media outlet partners in production of drama, scripted programming, and documentaries. Assignments will be approximately one week in duration. Trainers will be embedded within media outlets as part of training assignments.
IREX is seeking trainers with documented experience delivering on-site training in the following subject matter/skill areas:
- Editorial Management
- Drama and Satire Program Production
- Storytelling / Character Development
- Documentary Production
- Audience Definition
- Program Formatting
- Program Production
- Digital Audio and Video Editing
- Technical Broadcast Operations (Studio Design, Lighting, Camera Operations)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop on-the-job training plans and schedules as directed by IREX;
- Deliver on-the-job training at radio or television outlets;
- Provide IREX and beneficiary media outlets with recommendations for follow-up training, technical upgrades, and management decisions based on results of training interventions;
- Produce comprehensive written reports, in English language, detailing activities undertaken within each training assignment, actions taken within beneficiary outlets resulting from training, recommendations for future training, and other items, as requested by IREX; and,
- Other responsibilities as requested.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in television or radio as a station General Manager, Program Manager, Producer, or Editor / Editor-in-Chief
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer in broadcast television, radio or a related field (1+ years’ experience is strongly desired).
- Each candidate should include within his/her CV references for the broadcast outlets at which the candidate has radio and/or television work experience, and the broadcast outlets at which the candidate has delivered on-the-job training.
- Experience producing drama, satirical, and/or documentary programming is strongly preferred
- Experience working in political transition and conflict/post-conflict environments is preferred
- Experience working in the MENA (Middle East/North Africa) geographic region is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent English-language written skills for training assignment reports;
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in multi-cultural environments; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a flexible manner in terms of number of working hours, days of work; and,
- High ethical standards.
TO APPLY* *
Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Add the word “Drama/Documentary Expert” in the subject of the email.
Application deadline: Shortlisted Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
LOCATION: _ International
POSITION TITLE: _ Short-Term Technical Consultant (Drama/Documentary Producer): TV/Radio Training Experts
REPORTS TO: _ Chief of Party