Patricio Enterprises Senior Public Health Project Specialist-OHA Seta- Washington, DC in Washington, District Of Columbia
*DESCRIPTION: *Patricio Enterprises is looking for a Senior Public Health Project Specialist to assist the Office of Health Affairs (OHA) in providing health and medical expertise in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mission to prepare for, respond to, and recover from all threats.
OHA’s responsibilities include:
- serving as the principal adviser to the Secretary of DHS and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator on medical and public health issues
- leading and coordinating biological and chemical defense activities
- providing medical and scientific expertise to support DHS preparedness and response efforts
- leading the Department’s workforce health and medical oversight activities
- serve as the primary DHS point of contact for State and local Governments on medical and public health issues
OHA's four (4) strategic goals that coincide with the strategic goals of the Department:
- Provide expert health and medical advice to DHS leadership
- Build national resilience against health incidents
- Enhance national and DHS Medical First Responders' capabilities
- Protect the DHS workforce against health threats
Primary duties will include (but not limited to):
- Perform the functions of a technical expert in the relevant public health field in support of major programs or system development.
- Apply expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements in the subject-matter area for complex systems.
- Lead team in the development and delivery of guidance documents, exercises, and training in support of program objectives.
- Must have a MPH or DrPh, DVM (MPH), or MD (MPH) with 10 to 12 year experience working in the public health field developing exercise goals to evaluate preparedness and response capabilities.
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in design and implementation of exercises involving cross jurisdictional public health programs in the areas of infectious disease monitoring and response, public health preparedness, surveillance, or environmental health.
- Must have experience in development of preparedness document to include, concept of operations, response plans, and guidance documents.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: 6510
POSITION: Senior Public Health Project Specialist
LOCATION: Washington D.C.
STATUS: Full Time, Contingent
CLEARANCE: Must have a Secret clearance
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular