Mattel Seasonal Sales Department Clerk in Washington, District Of Columbia
At American Girl, our vision isInspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
We're looking for dynamic individuals as Seasonal Sales Department Clerks, who have the interpersonal skills to provide prompt, efficient and exceptional sales assistance within our customer-oriented environment.
- Approach, acknowledge and assist customers promptly; handle multiple customers effectively.
- Assess and meet customer merchandise and service needs by sharing product knowledge, answering questions and directing customers to merchandise, suggestive upselling, and awareness of product availability.
- Share information on store events, promotions and activities with customers.
- Promptly and accurately process all point-of-sale transactions.
- Help resolve customer problems and make suggestions/share product knowledge to turn returns into exchanges.
- Communicate merchandise and service needs to management on timely basis.
- Provide assistance to accomplish team and company goals.
Experience, Education & Skills
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Sales experience in the specialty retail or service industry, preferred.
- Must possess basic computer skills; some experience using a POS System, preferable.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible retail schedule, including days, nights and weekends.
ABOUT US American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and the classic historical character line BeForever™. American Girl’s mission is to help build girls of strong character—a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys“R”Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo™ and Chapters™ in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Seasonal Sales Department Clerk
Requisition Number: 180708
Location: AG Washington DC
Zip Code: 22102
Job Category: Retail Sales/Merchandising