Kimpton Hotels Sales Manager - Group in Washington, District Of Columbia
Hotel Monaco DC
Sales Manager- Group
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: Consistently provide a high level of exposure of the hotel in major market areas through direct sales solicitation, telephone contact, written communications and involvement in the community. Be the face of Kimpton at the local and regional level.
- Successfully achieve or exceed quarterly individual pace/production goals based on assigned markets.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts including prospecting, site tours, sales blitzes, prompt and competent follow-up on leads/referrals, use of reader board analysis, and networking in order to maximize room revenue to meet and/or exceed individual and team sales and revenue goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts, business and travel industry accounts, community organizations and professional associations to maintain high visibility and increase market share.
- Successfully and consistently achieve minimum weekly sales activities requirements. Track all weekly sales activities including goal-to-current production status using Delphi.
- Conduct telephone prospect calling on a myriad of pre-selected databases of social catering opportunities Kimpton group accounts, leads, and those accounts which you know and we do not and ANYTHING else you can think of to generate more Sales business
- Conduct sales presentations to clients and ownership verbally and using the latest technology
- Conduct and create Fam Trips for meeting planners/companies
- Lead Follow up/ Lead generation
- Conduct Site Inspections
- Attend trade shows as needed
- Travel as needed, to complete personal sales calls and presentations to customers within your discipline/ region
- Be nimble, when writing the marketing action plans that you will create and complete-
- Build creative proposals
- Negotiate and execute Contracts that are fair and profitable
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Be Engaging and relationship driven in your day to day encounters with customers
- Ability to multi-task and time manage
- Delphi Sales system proficient - preferred
- Be a good business partner and listener
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. (Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).