Jewish Community Center Preschool Director in Washington, District Of Columbia
Job Description for EDCJCC Preschool Director
The Edlavitch DCJCC of Washington (EDCJCC), located in the Dupont Circle area of Downtown D.C., is seeking a warm, nurturing, organized, creative full-time Preschool Director for its Reggio-inspired program. The EDCJCC is a quickly growing, dynamic institution which is at the forefront of community engagement and Jewish programming in the Nations Capital. The Preschool currently has 120 children in its nine classrooms, ages 2-5, and operates a full-day program throughout the calendar year. The position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and works collaboratively with the Preschool Assistant Director and other administrators on the Early Childhood, Youth, and Family Division (ECYF) team at the EDCJCC. The Preschool has continued to grow tremendously in the last few years, and is looking to continue this in the coming years in its soon-to-be newly renovated JCC facility.The Preschool, and the entire ECYF division, is at the core of the mission of the EDCJCC.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all aspects of the EDCJCC Preschool, including daily operations & administration, teacher hiring, and parent relations
- Oversee the implementation of a Reggio-inspired educational philosophy for the preschool
- Oversee the preschool personnel files, including all items needed for licensing and accreditation
- Coordinate all aspects of OSSE licensing and annual accreditation renewals
- Supervise the Preschool Assistant Director, Curriculum Specialist, and all full-time preschool teachers and staff
- Oversee all professional development for the preschool staff and coordinate with outside consultants on educational matters
- Develop and coordinate teacher orientation, training, and annual evaluations
- Coordinate preschool parent involvement through the Parent Committee
- Oversee family engagement programs and experiences
- Facilitate parent communication and the daily distribution of the Today We email
- Assist teachers with tasks as needed (e.g. guidance on setting up field trips, portfolios, administrative tasks, parent meetings, etc.)
- Set student and teacher class assignments annually
- Represent the EDCJCC at the monthly Jewish Federations Directors Council meetings
- Coordinate the writing and distribution of all ongoing e-mail communication with families
- Complete school recommendations for children seeking admission in private, public and charter schools; maintain relationships with admission directors for local schools
- Oversee payroll information and bi-monthly submissions to accounting for full-time preschool staff
- Responsible for working with the Chief Operating Officer on all budget items for the Preschool, including annual budget submission, monthly budget updates, and ongoing oversite of the preschool budget
Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, or a closely related field with a Masters Degree preferred - prior experience in an administrative position working with children required, with at least 5-7 years experience working in a preschool setting.A familiarity with Reggio educational approach is essential. A good understanding of Jewish holidays, values, and programming is required.Strong administrative, management, and supervisory skills are necessary, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with teachers, parents, and children.
Start date: June 1, 2018
Benefits include: Full health and dental insurance, 401K retirement plan, flex spending plan, sick and vacation days, an EDCJCC Fitness Center Membership, and tuition discounts towards all programs. We do not provide relocation expenses.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Send:Resume, Cover letter and a complete Statement of Educational Philosophy to:
Mr. Bini W. Silver, Chief Operating Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, or a closely related field with a Masters Degree preferred - prior experience in an administrative position working with children required, with at least 5-7 years experience working in a preschool setting.A familiarity with Reggio educational approach is essential. A good understanding of Jewish holidays, values, and programming is required.Strong administrative, management, and supervisory skills are necessary, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with teachers, parents, and children.
The goals of the Washington DCJCC are to preserve and strengthen Jewish identity, heritage, tradition and values through a wide variety of social, cultural, recreational, and educational programs and services. The Center accomplishes these goals in ways that reflect the unique location and role of the Center in the nation's Capital and the many contributions of the American Jewish community in the United States.
While the Center is designed primarily to fulfill the needs of the Jewish community and to preserve and enhance the culture, traditions, ethics, and philosophy of Judaism, membership and participation in activities of the Center are open to all residents of the metropolitan area. The Washington DCJCC is a member of the Jewish Community Center Association (JCCA), a beneficiary agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, and a designated agency of the United Way.
The Washington DCJCC does not support or oppose candidates for elected public office. Opinions expressed at all programs of the Washington DCJCC belong solely to those expressing them. The Washington DCJCC partners with many organizations and groups to present programs, but does not endorse the political views or policy positions of any program partner. The Washington DCJCC is committed to presenting a wide selection of programs that present multiple viewpoints and encourage you to visit our calendar www.washingtondcjcc.org/calendar for information on dialogues and public affairs programming.
Date Posted: 04/04/2018
Title: Preschool Director
JCC: Edlavitch JCC of Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC