Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Management Associate (TEMP) in Washington, District Of Columbia
- Be attending an accredited college or university, pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a discipline deemed appropriate for the subject position.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred in a field related to assigned department
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems principles, transit operations, information technology and other business operations as applicable to the assignment and department assigned, preferred.
Assignment-Based Minimum Qualifications:
For consideration for the Management Associate role within the Office of Performance.
The entry level Management Associate duties may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the below tasks and functions, and may be developmental in nature:
- Routine data maintenance, filing, word processing and spreadsheet activities.
- Conducting routine departmental information research and data collection activities.
- Assists in the preparation of management, operations, technical and administrative reports. Utilizes management memoranda, fiscal and operations reports and data to complete assignments.
- Reviews reports to identify problems based upon standard criteria and guidance from supervisors; recommends solutions as instructed.
- Preparing routine reports for management review; operates a personal computer to verify, input and correct data required for producing reports
- Assisting in the analysis of data.
- Produces tangible work products specific to the assigned projects to include presentations, reports, correspondence, graphic representation of data and/or project plans.
- Participates in training sessions related to various functions performed by the department; attends appropriate Authority, departmental and office meetings, etc. in order to gain exposure to transit functions.
- Participates in and/or leads departmental meetings, working sessions, etc.
- Providing general information to and assisting departmental customers both internal and external.
- Performs related duties as required.
The major duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.
Job Title: Management Associate (TEMP)
Job ID: 180224
Location: DC -Jackson Graham Bldg-7th Fl
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Posting Open-Close: 2018/03/14 - 2018/03/27