Office of Personnel Management Management Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Announcement amended to include locality pay for the Washington, DC location.
This announcement is open to current Career or Career-Conditional OPM employees only.
As a Management Analyst at the GS-0343-11/12/13 with a full performance level of GS-13, you will be part of Healthcare and Insurance, Resource Management Office (HI/RMO), Office of Personnel Management (OPM). If selected, you will be responsible for providing administrative and program support for one or more internal operations, including budget and financial management, human resources (HR) and administrative management, performance management, procurement, and related projects.
Learn more about this agency
- Provide advice and budget/financial management and procurement support to HI and the Office of Strategy and Innovation (OSI) program management, other OPM offices, and Federal partner agencies.
- In coordination with senior management, develop annual budget plans and budget justifications.
- Perform budget tracking, execution, and quality control.
- Assist in activities associated with administering contracts and general procurement facilitation.
- Perform HR-related activities, including developing position descriptions, writing job announcements, and initiating Request for Personnel Actions, and work with the Human Resources office to facilitate the recruitment and staffing process.
- Analyze workload and cost data to allocate funds as driven by business needs.
- Develop procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing effectiveness of administrative control systems.
- #### Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Budget
- Analysts, Management
- Analysts, Program
- Budget Analysts
- Budget Officers
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
For the GS-11: You must have specialized experience and/or directly related education to be minimally qualified for this position as follows:
A. At least one year of specialized experience which is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates knowledge of the functions, processes, and principles of management and ALL of the following: * Gathering, organizing, and maintaining financial data and information to support budget management and oversight activities. * Performing general administrative support services for an organization (i.e. budget, procurement, space, facilities, travel, human resources, and other related administrative functions). * Using automated systems to track, monitor, and report on resource utilization and organizational activities. * Composing and editing correspondence, ensuring proper grammar, format, punctuation and spelling. OR
B. Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in one or a combination of the following fields: human resources management, industrial relations, public administration, political science, business administration, psychology, labor relations, education, or a closely related field. (Submit transcript with your application).
C. A Combination of education and experience.
For the GS-12: You must have at least one year of specialized experience which is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates broad knowledge of the functions, processes, and principles of management; and ALL of the following: * Assisting in budget planning, formulation, execution, monitoring, and reporting. * Participating in the development of cost estimates, source justifications, and evaluation criteria for business lines. * Working with agency management officials and program staff in preparation, coordination, and execution of administrative support activities (i.e. budget, procurement, space, facilities, travel, human resources, and other related administrative functions). * Assisting senior analysts in the development of functional and technical requirements and procedures for controlling utilization of funds. * Composing and editing correspondence, ensuring proper grammar, format, punctuation and spelling. For the GS-13:You must have at least one year of specialized experience which is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-12 level in the Federal Service that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the functions, processes, and principles of management and ALL of the following: * Assisting in budget planning, formulation, execution, monitoring, and reporting. * Developing cost estimates, source justifications, and evaluation criteria for business lines. * Applying knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Appropriations Law in the procurement of products and services. * Providing support to the Resource Management Officer and/or Contracting Officer in administering contracts and managing resources for an organization. * Serving as a key liaison and working collaboratively with agency management officials and program staff in preparation, coordination, and execution of administrative support activities (i.e. budget, procurement, space, facilities, travel, human resources, and other related administrative functions). * Providing administrative support in Human Resources (HR) functions such as staffing, recruitment, classification, performance management, training, employee development, and/or position management. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
The full performance level of this position is GS-13.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies across OPM.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: http://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=AlternateApplicationInformation
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Administration and Management
- Financial Management
- Office Automation
- Oral Communication
All qualified Non Competitive applicants and the best qualified Merit Promotion applicants will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration.
Career Transition Assistance Programs:These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above based on the competencies listed above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employeeguides/careertransition.asp
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resumelisting work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
- Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- SF-50 or Notification of Personnel Action showing you are in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held. It should also show the length of time you have been in your current/highest grade and that supports your claim for time-in-grade.
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 03/26/2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Statuslink and then select the More Informationlink for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
Agency contact information
DC HR Customer Service
Healthcare and Insurance / Resource Management Office 1900 E St., NW Washington, DC US
Learn more about this agency
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. Your ratings in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated. You will receive another notification about the status of your application.
We expect to make a job offer within 40 days after the closing date of the announcement. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493593900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/09/2018 to 03/26/2018
Salary: $68,036 to $126,062 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11 - 13
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent