fhi360 Investigator (Internal Auditor II) in Washington, District Of Columbia
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Internal Auditor II, Investigations in Washington, D.C.
The Office of Compliance and Internal Audit (OCIA) comprises the Compliance and Internal Audit departments. OCIA and the Office of General Counsel are the first responders to compliance issues, providing objective assurance that FHI 360’s business risks are being managed appropriately and that the organization’s risk management and internal control framework is operating effectively. OCIA provides oversight & advice on regulatory compliance and conducts reviews of the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information as well as the systems established by the organization to ensure compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures, client/donor policies and regulations, and US and host country laws and regulations.
The Internal Auditor II, Investigations role will assist the Manager of Internal Audit/Investigations to coordinate and conduct investigations as well as to process, analyze, and disseminate investigation information within OCIA and FHI 360. The position will report discrepancies, prepare investigation plans and understand the specific issues to be evaluated. Further, the position is expected to maintain in-depth understanding of established business process controls, develop formal written reports to communicate investigation results to management and regulatory compliance agencies, and make recommendations on corrective actions as appropriate. The role may require audit knowledge and skills in finance, accounting, and/or information system operations. Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required.
· Leads investigations under supervision of the Manager of Internal Audit/Investigations into irregularities discovered by internal and external auditor reviews or allegations reported through the compliance hotline or other sources.
· Serves as point of contact to receive allegations, review and analyze investigation-related materials, and draft investigation documents.
· Coordinates the work of the investigation team throughout the investigation cycle, which includes initial inquiry/report, analysis, and final report writing.
· Reports investigation findings to appropriate management based on the results of investigations and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
· Maintains documentation relating to the investigative work as required by applicable regulations and OCIA practices.
· Assists OCIA management in compiling and presenting analytical data on internal investigations.
· Assists with setting up meetings and coordinating conference calls, briefings and schedules.
· Performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the company internal audit program as needed.
· Documents processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
· Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a four-year college or university.
· At least 3 - 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an internal audit or investigative role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CFE, CIA, or CPA certification is strongly desired.
· Project administration experience; experience interfacing with management regarding internal audit and investigations.
· Familiarity with non-profit and Government Contracting Rules and Regulations. Familiar with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
· Prior international experience in emerging markets and knowledge of foreign language(s) preferred.
· Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
· Articulate professional and able to communicate in a clear and positive fashion with clients and staff.
· Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
· Demonstrates ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information from many sources.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be able to work with a minimum of supervision in the conceptualization, planning, management and implementation of activities.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, project management, and prioritization skills.
· Proven computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Computerized accounting software experience and proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
· Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
· Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
· Provides basic or general oral and written information.
· Initiates and maintains relationships with industry representatives, external auditing firm, co-workers and others.
· Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
· Proficient presentation skills.
· Foreign language skills such as French, Portuguese or Spanish (preferable)
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.