Kimpton Hotels House Attendant in Washington, District Of Columbia
Provide any property info here
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel. Provide customers with quality service in a timely and friendly manner.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel.
- Clean and maintain the appearance of the surrounding areas of the hotel, including the sidewalk, brass awning poles, signage, entrance and alley.
- Clean and set-up meeting room functions according to the function sheets.
- Deep cleaning of assigned areas of the hotel including the shampooing of rooms and public areas, window washing, hotel light fixtures, and guest elevators (including elevator tracks).
- Clean and maintain the back of the house area, including the employee break room, the changing rooms, the hotel laundry room, the compactor area, and the employee restroom.
- Set up and maintain complimentary hotel lobby functions including the morning coffee service and the nightly concierge events.
- Deliver housekeeping items (hair dryers, ironing boards, irons, etc.) to guest rooms upon request from the front desk.
- Get assignments, keys, pager, and special guest requests from your supervisor at the beginning of your shift.
- Check and replenish your supplies and cleaning tools.
- Greet each guest you see with "Good morning" or (afternoon, evening).
- Quickly respond to guest requests in a timely and friendly matter.
- Follow procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms.
- Return lost items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a "lost and found" item with the date, where it was found, description of the item, and finders name.
- Turn in keys and pager to Housekeeping Department when shift ends.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Customer service and verbal communication skills
- Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).