Kimpton Hotels Front Office Supervisor in Washington, District Of Columbia
Provide any property info here.
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for providing quality guest service within the guidelines specified by the hotel management. Oversees all Front Office operations, (Front Desk, PBX, Concierge, Bell, Door, and Valet Services). Sets and maintain high level of guest service. Providing support for the line staff. Properly deleting or adding any transactions that will assist in the balancing of al revenues. Monitor and maintain property interfaces. Training of all employees working the any shift. Coaching, counseling, and disciplining all the front office shift employees. Provide prompt and courteous service to all guests, encouraging the guest to return again which will generate repeat business. To assist guests upon check-in and to provide prompt and courteous service through out their stay. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork. The essential hospitality standards must be used all times when addressing guests and employees; eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation, speak last, and use the guest surname.This position's basic schedule is five shifts per week, anywhere from 6:00AM to 12:00 midnight. It is quite possible that an early arrival or a late departure may be needed to assist Front Office and Hotel operations. Coverage of Night Audit shifts may be required. If business dictates, the schedule will be modified to allow the best possible coverage.
- Meet the desk agents to get any pertinent information
- Review Front Desk logbook for any other information or incidents.
- Review all arrivals noting any special requests or challenges
- Review all departures to ensure billing is correct
- Assess whether any guest relocation will be necessary.
- Make sure all shifts are covered as scheduled, cover as necessary.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Ensure the proper completion of the desk agents AM/PM checklist.
- Handle guest situations as they arise in a calm professional manner.
- Assist guests with services and requests.
- Knowledgeable of Fire and Emergency Procedures.
- Be an expert at all employee duties to ensure you are "leading by example" in all that you do.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisors.
- Complete other departmental duties as they become necessary.
- Professional contact via telephone with all other hotel departments such as, Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, valet, Engineering, etc...is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest and employee satisfaction.
- Be visible at all times to our guests and staff.
Oversee and supervise all duties performed by all Front Office employees.
- Coach, Counsel & Discipline employees when necessary, using proper documentation and proper techniques.
- Ensure that all Front Office employees complete their essential duties before their departure.
- Ensure that all Front Office employees are posted at their stations at posted time. Assist with all sick calls or tardiness by finding proper coverage, report to work and stay until proper coverage can be found.
- Assist with any scheduled shift problems on the Night audit shifts.
- Accountable for the proper training and daily monitoring of all service levels provided by employees to guests and other fellow employees.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding levels of service required by the Mystery Shopper Survey.
- Monitor and maintain proper Front Office operational supplies.
- Accountable for meeting or coming in under payroll and expense budgets.
- Accountable for maintaining and monitoring that all employees follow proper cash handling procedures.
- The ability to ensure the proper image is being maintained by all team members with respect to grooming and uniform standards.
- The ability to make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenues as well as reducing costs.
- Ensure proper inventory controls, working with Sales and Reservations to ensure maximum selling potential and house balance.
- Ensure accuracy of groups, rooming lists, billing, amenities, arrivals, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of back office, front desk, and front desk closet.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).