Anthem Financial Operations Consultant (Open to any Anthem location) 139504 in Washington, District Of Columbia
/ Your Talent. Our Vision. / At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Financial Operations Consultant
Work Location – Open to any Anthem office location
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares complex presentations.
- Advises management of various financial and process recommendations.
- Identifies complex problems or issues related to workflow processes, researches solutions, and implements corrective steps to achieve higher level of operational efficiency.
- Analyzes data of past and current operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
- Participates in various committees or work groups to develop, implement, modify, and document new or revised record keeping functions to current computerized accounting systems technology.
- Trains and reviews the work of lower level Analysts.
- May provide direction to work assignments of staff.
- Develops system test cases and documents results.
- Researches system issues and documents findings.
- Creates and develops new policies/procedures.
- Can commit department to deliverables on own initiative.
Uses discretion in making independent decisions.
Requires a BS/BA in finance, accounting or business administration; 3-5 years experience in a finance/health insurance field capacity; prior experience with relational databases, mainframe and client server report writers; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Agent/Producer Contracting and Licensing experience
State Department of Insurance Regulation experience
Interactions with compliance & legal business partners experience
CMS regulation and/or administration. Audit and Quality Assurance experience
/ Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran. /
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Financial Operations Consultant (Open to any Anthem location) 139504
Requisition ID: 139504