Grant Thornton LLP Financial Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Review and/or approve a high volume of voucher related documentation for compliance with House rules and regulations. * Obtain W-9 information for vendor payments. * Process financial data into the PeopleSoft Financial System. * Communicate with House offices regarding outstanding voucher documentation. * Assist with vendor inquiries regarding status of payment. * Conduct duplicate payment analysis, identify potential duplicates and resolve duplicate payments. * Work closely with leadership on various analysis as needed. Areas include but not limited to consolidated billing reporting, lease payments, and vendor maintenance updates. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment with demonstrable skill with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written essential.
- Experience in processing in an Accounting environment, preferably in Accounts Payable.
- Proficiency in various automated financial systems and state of the art accounting
- software programs.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial System preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Financial Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 039761