ManTech Database Analyst, Principal in Washington, District Of Columbia
Defines and oversees database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Provides experienced technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment. Advises applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases. Ensures economic and efficient availability of data within adequate safeguards. Designs and implements databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Develops and maintains expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation. Develops, maintains and documents JCL, shell scripts and batch processes. Participates as a leader and as a team member, and works to maintain a positive environment. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience
· ECA-IIP/EX/IT manages all ECA and IIP Enterprise Oracle databases. All databases are at version 11g or 12c and are hosted on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008, both physical and virtual servers, in the DEVNET and OpenNet Plus networks, as well as the DMZ.
· The management of the databases includes ensuring availability, performance monitoring and tuning, maintenance, upgrade opera- tions, backup/recovery operations, data migration/loads, and SQL and PL/SQL coding in support of custom application development and database operations.
· Extensive experience and a solid understanding in administering complex database architectures of Oracle 11g/12c in the Windows Environment.
· Experience creating databases from design models and building physical environments.
· Experience designing, developing, testing, documenting, deploying/implementing and tuning Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Languages code.
· Extensive experience with data migration and data loads, often from non-Oracle sources.
· Knowledge of Real Applications Clusters, Data Guard, Flashback technology, Recovery Manager, and Oracle Enter- prise Manager.
• Experience with TOAD and ERWIN
Oracle Certified DBA certification preferred (versions 10g, 11g, or 12c).
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
08-10 years w/High School Diploma, 13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.