Grant Thornton LLP Data Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * The team provides client with a variety of services and capabilities to include data analysis and visualization, SharePoint development, database design and management, performance management, and decision analytics. * Analysis requires deep understanding of data visualization and presentation capabilities (Tableau, SharePoint, etc.). * Ability to develop various information management systems using SharePoint and produce status updates and reports based on the information stored. * Current products are developed using a variety of tools to include Excel, R, Access, Stata, and Tableau, and SharePoint. * The Data Analyst will support our continuing development of various dashboards, SharePoint pages, and Tableau visualizations we are developing for the client. * The analyst will be expected to support our lead dashboard and SharePoint developer, eventually taking ownership of some of the client deliverables. Additionally, the analyst will be required to provide support to develop monthly reporting and ad hoc inquires. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials
- A minimum of four years experience performing complex analysis.
- Ability to communicate and train analysis methods to clients.
- Relevant experience with Microsoft SharePoint (SharePoint 2010 or 2013 experience preferred.
- Ability to create SharePoint pages.
- Ability to create custom list views.
- Ability to edit web parts.
- Relevant experience with Advanced Microsoft Excel (e.g. External Data Connections, Custom Formulas, Pivot Charts, VBA).
- Working knowledge of creating custom user forms in Microsoft InfoPath.
- Work experience with flowcharts and Microsoft Visio a plus.
- Work experience with Data Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) a plus.
- Work experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Business, Public Administration, Economics
- Ability to obtain a DHS Public Trust.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Business, Public Administration, Economics preferred
- Relevant experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Active CBP Public Trust.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Data Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 039810