George Washington University Applications Administrator in Washington, District Of Columbia
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary
GW Libraries and Academic Innovation (GWLAI) is a catalyst, a spark to generate new ideas and new possibilities. Responsive to the changing landscape of information and education, being sensitive both to traditional and emergent modes of communication, we bring together diverse constituents of faculty, students, and staff in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and deeply engaged intellectual community to support research, teaching and learning. As part of the larger George Washington University, we are a nexus where exciting things happen, where change happens, where growth happens.
Reporting to the Director of IT Design and Engineering, the Applications Administrator works within the division’s Academic Technologies (AT) department, and is responsible for the following duties:
- Providing support for the computing environment including imaging, configuring, testing, deploying, troubleshooting, and performing quality analysis. These duties include packaging, testing, debugging, and documenting software application and utility programs for computer operating systems.
- Managing software inventory and licenses for compliance, and conducts regular correspondence with software vendors.
- Conducting systems analysis, design, automation, and programming related to computer operating systems, digital signs, and other software applications. Develops both custom applications and provides support for existing applications.
- Planning and managing the integration and implementation of new technology, solving highly technical and complex problems while completing project tasks. Providing strategic input and hands-on technical oversight throughout all project phases.
- Resolving support tickets and providing technical assistance in the operational use of software applications and systems.
- Interfacing with the business analysts, project managers, technical operations personnel, vendors, and clients on various projects.
- Assisting in the development of junior staff.
The position is based at GW’s campus in Ashburn, Virginia, but will require travel to the Foggy Bottom Campus on a weekly basis. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience packaging software applications with Microsoft.
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or an equivalent deployment system.
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy management.
- Experience identifying a broad range of networking-, software-, and hardware-related system issues.
- Experience with software asset management and licensing compliance.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and customer service skills to work across Academic Technologies and other technical support units.
II. JOB DETAILS
Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work.
Required Background Check
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.
College/School/Department: University Libraries
Family: Information Technology
Sub-Family: Systems Administration
Stream: Individual Contributor
Level: Level 1
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Special Instructions to Applicants: In order to gain a better understating of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2014 – 2015,” it should include “April 2014 – January 2015” or similar information.
Internal Applicants Only?: Yes (University Wide)
Posting Number: S007070
Job Open Date: 03/13/2018
Job Close Date: 03/19/2018
Background Screening: Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.