American University Administrative Coordinator (14561) in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to the Office of the Chief of Staff and Counselor to the President and to the Secretary to the Board of Trustees. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, and preparing meeting agendas and materials.
The Coordinator provides project management and administrative support to Office of the President projects. This includes developing, managing, and synchronizing filing systems; coordinating presentations or project meetings; formatting presentations; and creating or updating meeting handouts and materials.
This newly created position will work within the Office of the President and will interact with high profile employees and guests of the University and serve as a community point of contact in the coordination of Office of the President events. The work of the Administrative Coordinator will contribute to the initiatives and goals of the Office of the President and of American University. For more information about the Office of the President please visit https://www.american.edu/president/.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience supporting an executive and/or managing an office
- Experience managing a daily schedule and making travel arrangements
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Regularly handles confidential information and must use a high level of discretion and professionalism
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours (evenings and/or weekends) when needed
- Hiring offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to attach a resume and cover letter to the online application
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email AsuccessfulU@american.edu.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market:Washington DC
Date: Mar 4, 2018
Location: Washington, DC, US, 20016
Company: American University