Fairmont Administrative Assistant Property Operations (Engineering) in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Administrative Assistant in the Engineering Department at the Fairmont Washington D.C., serves a dual function; to facilitate communication between the Engineering Department and other departments in the hotel and to provide administrative support to the department. Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Answer telephone calls, taking complete messages and offering knowledgeable assistance to clients and guests in accordance with hotel telephone courtesy procedures, routes and transfers calls as needed. Communicate all guest requests immediately to the appropriate engineer. Utilizes the pager and radio communication systems.
- Review, sort and distribute mail in accordance with department procedures. Process all outgoing correspondence including letters, contracts and proposals in compliance with established procedures, making certain adequate copies are properly filed and routed.
- Maintain awareness of all hotel Engineering projects to support work assignments and provide project updates t the necessary areas
- Maintains knowledge of hotel emergency procedures to assign and perform tasks as needed. Be aware of hotel policies, procedures and services as outlined, follow all safety emergency and OSHA requirements.
- Maintain department files and logs as required. Maintain work area in a professional manner. Make sure equipment and supplies are kept clean, neat, orderly and in good working condition.
- Communicate any situation difficulties immediately to appropriate manager, especially emergency events in the hotel that require urgent attention.
- Generate and compile departmental reports utilizing relevant applications.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and purchase orders as needed/assigned. Track and log all purchase requisitions and purchase orders on appropriate system. Check all packing slips and invoices against purchase orders to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies. Track and maintain all expenses/records for the department. Work with the Accounting department to ensure the invoices are routed and paid in a timely manner.
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling repairs and service for equipment performed by outside vendors. Along with Director of Engineering will coordinate availability of are, materials needed, staffing needed, communication to other departments and scheduling with vendors.
- Create and manage PO's
- Maintain all corporate quarterly reports.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned.
- Previous experience is an asset
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous office/administrative experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision on assigned tasks.
- Possess professional telephone etiquette
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to compose basic written correspondence
- Must be detail-oriented
- The ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with little or no supervision is required.
- Positive and team-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented, work well under pressure
- Must be legally eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-Washington-The Fairmont Washington, D.C.
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Closing Date: 21.Mar.2018, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: WDC00756