Grant Thornton LLP ACF Subject Matter Expert in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Manager to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Provide cost, performance, workforce analysis, and policy decision subject matter expertise on a Federal grant program. * Assess tradeoffs between increased program costs and performance outcomes, without reducing program quality. * Provide expertise on existing program related frameworks and models and develop frameworks and models that optimize increasingly limited program funds. * Support the development of a workforce model to understand the impacts of federal policies on qualifications and credentialing to estimate the short and long-term impacts to the workforce. * Assist in developing a tool to analyze the impact of potential policies to understand how such scenarios would impact quality of service. * Draft environmental scans, theories of change and perform research on program streamlining and appropriate resource use. * Framework, models, theories and tools should withstand third party reviews and adhere to best practices. * Review and analyze cost and performance data and analyze risks associated with alternatives to determine the most appropriate course of project action. * Research and propose related performance information to assess the relationship between cost and program results and outcomes. * Use quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques to reduce unnecessary complexity, identify trends, themes, and inform recommendations. * Facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to document cost drivers and define cost-effective mechanisms to collect cost driver and related cost management data. * Develop cost reduction strategies and public/private partnership models, second-career credentialing and shared services. * Prepare reports and presentations for senior-level clients, decision-makers and Congress. * Maintain good working relationships with partners and clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform related services. * Work independently and within a team setting to support team operations. * Drive new Public Sector business. * Provide project management leadership support. * Directing team in area of subject matter expertise. * Developing client relationships. * Coaching and mentoring staff, and other responsibilities commensurate senior manager/director expectations. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Knowledge of and experience with cost-benefit analysis (CBA); workforce analysis; analysis of alternatives; economic analysis; business case analysis; activity based costing; trade-off and competitive analyses; earned value management systems is required.
- Prior experience with ACF is a plus.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 10-15.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: ACF Subject Matter Expert
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 039640