Microsoft Corporation DM Manager in Washington D.C., District Of Columbia
Microsoft Services helps our government customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a team of talented individuals who deliver best-in-class services with partners while earning customer confidence and trust. We are dedicated to improving the overall customer experience, serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and driving customer-centric product improvement. U.S. Citizenship with a security clearance is required.
The Microsoft Federal Civilian Practice is looking for an dynamic leader to manage, coach and mentor our delivery team with a focus on US Public Sector (Federal Civilian Agencies). Are you a continuous learner with a fervent desire to lead and cultivate a talented team, drive digital transformation and guide with a growth mindset? If so, our team is seeking a Delivery Management Manager (DMM) who desires to accept greater responsibilities, accomplish tasks through others and overcome our customer’s greatest challenges.
The Delivery Management Manager (DMM) is accountable for the end-to-end service delivery within an assigned portfolio of customers, representing Microsoft Enterprise Services throughout all deal phases while demonstrating a critical partnership with Sales Managers and EOU leaders. Serves as the services single point of accountability and/or escalation point for their assigned customers. This role has direct people management responsibility (M1) for both support and consulting delivery management resources and supervises the services delivery of their assigned team members. The DMM is on point to drive customer satisfaction, services revenue growth & profitability, the governance of delivery for their portfolio of accounts.
This role is at the forefront of accelerating customer transformation by ensuring services roles lead with cloud, mobile, big data, social centric solutions, and drive cloud service adoption.
The DMM is on point to drive customer satisfaction, services revenue growth & profitability, reviewing and approving Services Delivery Plans for customers in the assigned portfolio. The DMM executes against an operational business strategy and fundamentally runs their team focused on increasing Services value and meeting Enterprise customers expectations, enabling them to realize their business goals through our technologies in alignment with Microsoft strategy.
• Attracts , develops and retains talent. Recognizes team members’ strengths, aligned to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results. Facilitate an environment of inclusion that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers.
• Leverages team to drive opportunities for additional Enterprise Services delivery through timely and accurate presales support (Scoping, etc.).
• Leads a consistent delivery excellence rhythm. Ensures alignment with Services Sales, Domain, and EOU objectives. Reviews current portfolio of engagements regularly to ensure delivery is on track within approved scope or effective change control mechanisms are employed.
• Leads team to deliver successful solutions/deal proposals & ensures business value whilst maintaining high (internal/external) customer/partner satisfaction. Creates a culture of customer engagement.
• Consistently manages areas of fiscal responsibility, staying within budget, and effectively managing resources. Focuses on engagement profitability & risk management. Achieves & frequently surpasses personal & team goals from quarter to quarter.
• Ensures that his or her team is guiding customer/partners through relevant change initiatives. Is competent in core change-management methods and techniques. Delivers proactive change management plans leading business transformation and evolution through IP reuse and WW offerings.
• 8+ years of experience in an enterprise delivery or support environment with demonstrated successful delivery of complex projects and programs
• Bachelors and MBA
• Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Customer/Partner Relationships, Product & Technology
• Expertise, Project Management, Strategic Insight
• IT Implementation (e.g. CMM and CMMI), IT Service delivery and Support (e.g. ITIL Foundation), Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent) and Industry-specific certifications
This position requires frequent travel to customer locations; residing in a geography within car/rail commute distance to the Washington DC location. U.S. citizenship is required
Location: The ideal candidate will reside in Washington, DC or the surrounding cities located in MD and VA.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a US Top Secret Security Clearance
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.