Corporate Executive Board Research Director - Finance in Arlington, District Of Columbia
Title: Research Director - Finance Location: USA-DC OFFICE-Arlington Other Locations:
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
By pooling the collective experience of leading executives and world class companies in our member network, we cultivate data and fact-based insights about corporate performance. These insights allow us to develop research, analytic tools, and solutions that empower corporate leaders.
We are not a scientific research company. We focus on discovering big ideas that impact corporate functions, including sales and marketing, finance, technology, legal, procurement, and human resources.
How You Will Make an Impact at CEB, now Gartner:
Research Directors work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables – including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas.
You will need to work with agility to respond to executive needs as they are uncovered and evolve, as well as partner with commercial and other team members to drive to joint success.
The Research Director will manage the research for the Real Estate Leadership Council which is a subscription-based membership targeting heads of corporate real estate at large organizations and uncovers best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities and builds frameworks and tools to help clients understand and apply insights. This role will build tools, case studies, diagnostics, and training to help increase returns on marketing spend, influence stakeholders’ perceptions and behaviors, and build innovative strategies based on cutting-edge insights.
As the lead on this team, you will:
• Engage executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify their most pressing challenges.
• Lead a Research team through a proprietary research process — including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis — to identify best-in-class solutions.
• Conduct surveys and phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
• Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
• Present research findings to senior managers and member companies.
• Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team.
• Identify executive needs and develop research and products around them.
• Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects.
• Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 7 years of research experience
• 7 years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
• 7 years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
• Experience creating graphical representations of data
• At least one year experience managing projects
• Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
• Knowledge/ familiarity with the corporate real estate landscape a plus
Why You Should Be Interested in a Research Career with CEB, now Gartner:
• A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working for a global company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights.
• An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptional colleagues, in a collaborative, team-based environment.
• Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development to achieve career success and advance within the Research Community.
• A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity, where senior leadership encourages staff to give back and make an impact on the communities in which we live and work.