Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Systems Engineer
Location: USA-Washington D.C.
If you are working or aspiring to work in today's United States Intelligence Community...NOW is the time to join L-3 STRATIS! The Intelligence Solutions Team has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer.
A Systems Engineer identifies system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Ensures designs are compatible with the architecture and allocates requirements to segments.
Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software. May supervise computer programmers.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
• Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
• Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
• Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
• Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
• Analyze and study complex system requirements.
• Apply the concept of operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of the organization.
• Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions.
• Perform strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis.
• Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
• Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
• Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
• Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects.
• Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
• Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
Produces engineering solutions, automated when feasible, that may be transitioned to an O&M organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have one of the following:
• 12 Years of job related experience and a High School/GED diploma
• 10 Years of job related experience and an Associate degree
• 8 Years of job related experience and a Bachelors degree
• 6 Years of job related experience and a Masters degree
• 4 Years of job related experience and a Doctorate
Windows Engineering with Citrix or ADVANCED systems. Citrix administration experience.
Citrix XenDesktop 5.x
MS SCCM, SCOM, VMM
L-3 STRATIS is among the largest divisions of global defense leader, L-3. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, and enterprise information technology services and solutions to the Intelligence Community; the Department of Defense; U.S. federal civilian, state, and local government agencies; and international customers.
L-3 STRATIS is proud of our many long-term partnerships with our customers. We take their missions as our own, always aiming to improve our level of service. Our employees take pride in their consistent application of industry best practices and their ongoing dedication to the highest standards of business ethics - reflected in our motto,Powered by Excellence.
Please take a few minutes to apply online and if your background matches the requirements, you will be contacted by one of our Recruiters.
Position requires the ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCIwith successfully completed polygraph or ability to successfully complete a polygraph.
We offer a competitive benefits package for Full time and Part time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.