Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
One of the foremost public policy research organizations in the United States, MPR is leading the way in providing research services within a social policy context for federal agencies such as the Departments of Education, Labor, and Health and Human Services.
We are seeking an experienced systems analyst to process and analyze data in support of social policy research. Successful candidates will possess at least a BA/BS in Economics, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 7+ years of SAS programming experience
- Demonstrated technical expertise in data processing and systems design in one or more substantive areas in social policy research, such as labor, welfare, health, or education.
- Experience with system life-cycle phases, including analysis and requirements definition, design and specification writing, development, implementation, testing and quality assurance, maintenance, and documentation.
- Thorough knowledge of the role of computer systems in supporting data extraction, merging and combining data from primary and secondary data sources, analysis file creation, data and statistical analysis, modeling, and of the basic methodology of computer data analysis.
- Strong technical skills including extensive experience with a variety of computer operating environments and computer packages and languages.
- Experience designing, constructing, and using large databases for research purposes.
- Experience managing a staff of programmers to develop small to medium size information systems within budget and schedule.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team including researchers, analysts, and programmers.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical memos, report sections, and system documentation.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to work with others.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.