Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Supervisor, Help Desk
Job ID Number 206535
Company General Dynamics Information Technology
Location Washington, DC
Job Category Information Technology
Job Description As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics has an opening for a Tier 2 Help Desk Supervisor. The candidate will supervise the tier 2 help desk and technical support operations for a Government customer. The candidate:
1. Supervises assigned technical support staff in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
2. Supervises staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
3. Supervises the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
4. Assists subordinate technicians in resolving complex computer and/or network problems.
5. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
Apply Online Directly with General Dynamics Information Technology