Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Software Quality Assurance Lead
Position Description: Quality Assurance Lead
The Quality Assurance (QA) Lead is responsible for ensuring that all products meet customer specifications. The QA Lead will work to determine the root cause of defects to prevent recurrence of the issues and quality problems. The QA Lead utilizes data collected from inspections and testing procedures to determine the cause of quality issues. The QA Lead works very closely with the client and/or development contractor to understand requirements, develop test strategies, test cases and test plans to ensure the delivered product meets the client specifications.
The QA Lead will lead all Software Quality Assurance efforts in support of a Department of Veterans Affairs Program Management Office. Document and coordinate all aspects of the testing phase of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and report the outcome through to completion. Applies SDLC best practices to all phases of testing, providing recommendations to the government on next steps.
Specifically, the QA Lead reports directly to a Hassett Willis and Company Manager and Department of Veterans Affairs Account Lead and will support the Manager in all aspects of project leadership, client leadership, personnel development, staff management, and business development:
* Coordinate/facilitate all testing efforts required to confirm that the end product satisfies client requirements;
* Develop/execute test strategies, test plans and test cases required to confirm/disprove the product satisfies the client requirements;
* Reviews, analyzes, inspects, and record all data/outcomes to identify defects and summarize findings;
* Evaluate, troubleshoot, and test software repeatedly in search of defects, bugs, and errors;
* Log, prioritize, track and report all deviations from client requirements (defects, bugs, and errors);
* Provide assistance, direction, and guidance to end-users as they test the deployed product, if required.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (Business, systems engineering, information technology)
* 5-7 + years internal and/or external consulting experience to federal clients required
* Familiarity with Quality Assurance principles and best practices, inspection techniques, and testing procedures
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic computer skills and familiarity with issue tracking software programs.
* Self-motivated and works well in a team setting
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Application of SDLC best practices within the federal government required
* Prior experience with stakeholder communications and change management for system implementations
* Understanding of system requirements development, testing, and deployment required
* Must be detail-oriented with a strong degree of personal initiative and excellent follow-through
* Ability to analyze a large volume of data and make sound recommendations
* Ability to collaborate and work as both a team-player and team lead across projects
U.S. Citizenship required
TASC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Return To Job Listings