Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Category:Services & Consulting
Location:Washington, DC, US
Division:Services & Support
Microsoft Services is looking for a Senior Consultant who has both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping a customer’s business problem to an end-to-end technology solution. In this role, the consultant will engage in effective dialog with senior-level technology decision makers while focusing on the development of customer business agility and business value, and demonstrating deep experience with technologies related to System Center Operations Manager (SCOM/MOM) to support a designated set of strategic Enterprise customers.
The ideal candidate should have at least 2-3 years of experience with SCOM. This candidate should possess a solid working knowledge of Microsoft platforms products Windows Operating Systems. The applicant should demonstrate a passion and proficiency for advanced System Management skills to impact systems architectures, investigate system-wide technical problems, and develop new features. The successful candidate will also have experience with the evaluation, design, and upgrading of several technologies used to create, manage, update, monitor, and report on Windows desktop configurations.
Critical Skills Include:
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience
- Deploying updates with System Center Operations Manager
- Creating custom monitors/rules for monitoring specific applications.
- Managing email alert subscriptions using SCOM groups and email distributions lists.
- Reporting with System Center Operations Manager
- Scripting experience
- Identifying root cause of alerts and resolving issues
- Analyzing performance data for trending and growth purposes
- Creating custom Reporting Services reports against the SCOM Data Warehouse.
- SCOM Management Pack tuning
Each consulting engagement is customized to serve the client’s unique needs. The role requires a technically strong Consultant who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in design and deployment of Infrastructure solutions.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, hold or be able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance and will have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience.