Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Number: 2013-0218J
Job Title: Senior Applications Programmer
Department: University Information Services
Date Posted: February 08, 2013
Duties And Responsibilities
& Minimum Requirements:
This position is responsible for the analysis of Research Office information system requirements, development of specifications, both low- and high-level programming, and writing system documentation. Provides technical support for analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of enterprise system management applications. Uses operational and functional knowledge of all aspects of the application, including all external interactions and internal processes, to develop alternatives to customization of systems where necessary, or to design and implement appropriate modifications where required. Specific responsibilities include application of vendor maintenance, quality control management and oversight of change control processes, and analysis of requirements.
Position requires ability to rapidly adapt to changing requirements and to efficiently acquire and utilize new skills in response to such change. Incumbent is expected to work within and across teams to support the acquisition of new skills and areas of expertise.
Minimum Requirements and Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certification:
* Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science or related computing intensive field, plus 5 years of experience
* Or Master`s degree in Computer Science/MIS or related computing intensive field, with 2 years of experience.
* 5+ years of relevant experience in maintenance and design of relevant enterprise systems
* Relevant experience in J2EE, Perl, Unix, and C++
* Server side knowledge (e.g., Struts, Tomcat, Apache, and JBoss)
* Understanding of Windows and Unix shell scripting
* The ability to work in diverse environment, with a commitment to promoting and enhancing teamwork
* Extensive knowledge and experience in enterprise or Research systems Requirement gathering, software development and maintenance, configuration management, and technical documentation
* Incumbent is expected to work within and across teams to support the acquisition of new skills and develop areas of expertise
* Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across line, functional and geographic reporting lines
In addition to the challenge, what`s in it for you?
* Competitive Base Salary
* 403(b) plan with excellent employer match
* Tuition assistance plan for employees and children
* Outstanding professional development opportunities
* Excellent dental and healthcare plans for employees and their families
Georgetown University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.