Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Please enter some information about your company here.
OCTO is providing Project Management support services to the Department of Corrections (DOC) to plan, monitor and report on the progress of key IT enhancements to the DOC IT infrastructure. New and upgrade Systems include an enhancement to their RFID infrastructure, replacement of the DOC pharmacy management system, reconfiguration of the Inmate Processing Center (IPC) and a major upgrade to the DOC phone system. These initiatives will require the involvement of multiple OCTO programs and services.
These projects are expected to take upwards of 12 months to complete. The services required by this position are to provide to project management/coordination services across the portfolio of planned DOC IT enhancement projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Meet with Team Leads, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Developers to plan work as the projects advance.
• Ability to use issue tracking tools and adhere to basic software development lifecycle processes, including Agile methodologies (Scrum).
• Expertise in organizing tasks, translating priorities to a plan and remaining flexible as requirements change throughout the project.
• Communicate user requirements and issue priorities to Developers and other team members.
• Document decisions and plans for the team, including issues.
• Follow up with team members to check on status of issues and reports status to the team.
• Work in close collaboration with Business Analysts, Team Lead and Project Manager to promote knowledge sharing throughout the team.
• Offer suggestions for process improvement and remains flexible with tight schedules and aggressive scope goals.
• Provide general user support. Ability to troubleshoot and respond to problems reported by users or escalates the issue to the Project Manager, Business Analyst and Development team as needed.
• Support and monitor ongoing maintenance deployments and site launches.
• Identifies risk, documents problems and participates in mitigation strategy planning.