Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Military Capability Analyst/Intelligence Analyst 2
Location: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Other Locations: null
Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging career as a Military Capabilities Analyst with one of the nation's leading Defense Contractors? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the employer for you! We are currently seeking a mid-level Military Capabilities Analyst based in Washington DC.
Candidates must have a CURRENT/ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance to be considered for this position.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a dynamic candidate to fill the role of Military Capabilities Analyst with a focus on the militaries of the Middle East and North Africa. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring existing and developing military and security forces, doctrine, strategy, structure, security and operations; tracking capabilities and intentions of security forces, civilian and military leaders; and tracking defense and military equipment acquisitions. Candidate will also be responsible for organizing and conducting intelligence assessments by researching, evaluating and integration all-source data in the production of all-source intelligence assessments in the form of information papers, articles, and briefings for war fighter and senior DoD and other national level customers.
This position may require the candidate to work shift work, rotational assignment at the Pentagon for up to one year, or deploy for up to six months should the requirement arise.
B.S. degree (or higher), in Political Science, Middle East studies, Anthropology, or a related subject is most desirable AND a minimum of 2 years of related experience required. An additional four (4) years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement.
* TS/SCI clearance required.
* A background in Military Capabilities analysis including the ability to identify significant intelligence trends, propose new or revised analytical projects to alert decision makers to new developments.
* Analytical experience including the ability to identify significant intelligence trends and propose new or revised analytical projects to alert decision makers to new developments and to meet customer requirements.
* Strong skills in oral and written communications required to effectively defend controversial intelligence positions; presenting and defending an organization's positions in conferences, working groups, and planning sessions; presenting briefings at the highest echelons both within and outside DoD; and preparing intelligence products for both lay and scientific audiences.
* Willingness to work shift work, a rotational assignment at the Pentagon for up to one year, or deploy for up to six months should the requirement arise.
4 or more years of relevant experience.
Experience using the principles, concepts, and methodologies of all-source intelligence analysis to research, review, interpret, evaluate, and integrate all-source data in the preparation and presentation of clear, concise, in-depth, all-source intelligence analytical products focused on political-military developments prepared for a variety of consumers.
Skills presenting and defending intelligence positions to a variety of audiences; presenting and defending an organization's position in conferences, foreign liaison activities, working groups, and contingency operation planning sessions.
Experience with collection disciplines, working groups or task forces.
Experience assessing stability, security and leadership issues.
Familiarity with automated data processing capabilities and their use including Microsoft Office applications.
Familiarity with intelligence collection disciplines and be able to communicate intelligence gaps to the collection manager.
Prior military experience and prior deployments to the Middle East are desired.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 70,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions