Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Location(s): Washington DC
While a job at an American Girl store certainly isn't child's play, it is an unparalleled opportunity to work in a very special place brimming with youthful energy and enthusiasm.
We are currently seeking a full-time Sales Lead.
- Deliver exceptional and engaging service and ensure an excellent guest experience at American Girl. Be a role model for all retail team members.
- Support the retail sales manager in all business functions including, but not limited to merchandise management, business analysis, and staff schedule preparation.
- Train and guide all store associates. Provide balanced feedback and support to associates with a focus on developing each associate's sales, customer service, and communication skills.
- Fulfill responsibilities of the Manager on Duty. Independently oversee sales floor and solve customer service concerns as they arise.
- Execute all job functions in accordance with established American Girl processes and policies.
We offer a competitive wages and 401(k) plans and a 30% discount on merchandise.
American Girl is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum two years work experience in retail or service industry.
- One year experience managing/supervising others.
- Strong sense of teamwork, and excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Superior customer service skills are essential.
- Must enjoy children and possess a warm and friendly demeanor
- Well-developed computer skills essential; must be a skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Work schedule requires evening and weekend work.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer