Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Junior Software Engineer (JAVA)
Location: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Other Locations: null
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is looking for a strong Java developer with experience in developing enterprise class web applications to participate in the development of a sophisticated system supporting the US Government. Primary job duties include development of system software in a Java/Groovy/Grails/Spring/Tomcat/Linux environment with a focus on web based front end user interface development. The applicant will be responsible for all aspects of software development, including design, coding, testing, and configuration management. This position will be located in Washington, DC.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar technical field.
• Minimum of two years of software development experience
• Strong Java and J2EE development skills, knowledge of
• Qualified candidates must have strong communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast paced team
• Flexibility, and a willingness to participate in all aspects of the software lifecycle, including design, code, test, and
• documentation is a must.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• This position is contingent upon customer approval and funding.
• Also desirable, but not required is experience with agile development techniques and tools (Jira/Greenhopper).
• Ability to obtain a security clearance is desired.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.