Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
junior java engineer
* Save Job
* Rate Job
* Report Job
* Share Job With Others
Our client is currently seeking a JUNIOR JAVA ENGINEER.Perform analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of new data changes and user requests; utilizing experience with Java, JSP, EJB, HTML, and STRUTS.
Contribute to the design and development of mobile applications
• Identify and perform unit tests using TDD approach
• Utilize Agile methodologies to complete all development activities on time and within budget.
• Contribute to milestone reviews and scheduled releases
• Utilize SQL skills and experience with TopLink, EclipseLink, JDBC, WebLogic and Oracle database.
• Help to develop system design and application code documentation.
• Perform job functions in accordance with established project standards and processes.
• Work Experience Minimum of 1-2 years work experience
• The mid level J2EE Developer will actively support a large, integrated software development team interfacing with analysts, architects, software engineers, end users and stakeholders to develop complex web and mobile applications leveraging J2EE/STRUTS, Oracle RDBMS, geospatial components, and business analytics.
• The team is currently renovating the Grants Management System and adding new enhancements to better support the grants lifecycle. This J2EE Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging assignments from regularly scheduled operations and maintenance releases to major web enhancements to streamline grants business processes and advance the mission.
• The candidate must have strong communications skills and experience building mobile applications.
• This is a full time position based at our client''s site in downtown DC(Chinatown area).
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Hands on experience using Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB.
• Capacity to design and develop mobile applications and API based service delivery.
• Certifications highly desired (e.g., Sun Certified Java Programmer Certification, Sun Certified Web Services Developer Certification)
• Strong SQL skills and experience with TopLink, EclipseLink, JDBC, WebLogic and Oracle database is desired
• Weblogic Application Server experience strongly desired
• Outstanding communications and team working skills are a must.
• Success oriented individual with a strong desire to grow technically and exceed customer expectations
• Education and Training Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related area preferred.
• Project Specific Requirements US Citizen only.• Security clearance requirement (Offer can be made to non-cleared individual but s/he will have to wait until receiving clearance a 6-8 wks).