Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
it project manager
See Job Description
CONCORP CONIND CON_W2
The Information Technology Department of our client has an opening for a Project Manager in the Washington DC office. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Enterprise Applications and will work with senior managers and teams of business and technical staff to incorporate new technical approaches, improve key business processes, and successfully implement major projects. The project manager will also function as a business analyst working with various administrative departments and practice groups to fully understand and articulate project requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Creating and executing project work plans and revising plans as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements on key enterprise projects; identifying the resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities; managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget; identifying and articulating project risks early and working to minimize the risks; reviewing deliverables prepared by the team before passing them to the end user to make sure they meet project deliverables; working with users from various firm departments to define project requirements and ensure a successful delivery and ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Excellent project management skills (PMBOK preferred).
• A minimum of five years' successfully managing concurrent large IT application development projects and delivering 'on-time', 'as-required', and within budget.
• Experience working with MS Office Suite.
• Project planning, estimation, and project management (MS Project and other PM tools).
• Strong understanding and proven experience with project management and system development methodologies and best practices' experience with all phases of a project.
• Ability to lead project teams.
• Goal-oriented, focused on achieving a success completion of the project.
• Critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Results oriented with a strong passion for technical and service excellence.
• Excellent organizational, oral/written communication and multitasking skills.
• Ability to quickly learn a business area and be able to self-produce project deliverables (business case, scope, process flows); become a valued SME (Subject Matter Expert) in the system area supporting the business.
• Effective listening, requirements gathering, prioritization, consensus building and analysis skills.
• Knowledge of how law firms operate desired, but not required.
• Additional hours as necessary.