Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Engagement Manager (959)
Location: DC Metro Area
Company Order Number: 959
# of openings: 1
Are You Looking To Join A Dynamic & Collaborative Firm With a Performance Culture That Invests in Working With The Latest Technologies? Then You Should Consider AIS?
A little bit about us: AIS is a technical services company that specializes in custom application development working with the latest Microsoft technologies. We are not only a Microsoft managed partner with Gold competencies but we are also involved in virtually every field and product team program, appropriate to our focus, which places us in the top 0.03% of Microsoft partners. This unique trusted advisor status embeds AIS into the Microsoft innovation lifecycle, which exposes AIS to new products and innovations years ahead of their availability. This unique status enables AIS to be an invaluable partner to our clients as they seek innovations for transformative change.
The Engagement Manager Will:
* Responsibility for the ownership and accountability of an engagements delivery and overall success.
* Lead a team of smart AIS employees using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging business problems
* Lead in the building of elegant, scalable, extensible, cost effective solutions with an eye towards innovation and agility.
* Lead in an agile environment and drive development by heading up daily stand-ups and scrum meetings.
* Use independent thought and problem-solving skills to lead and negotiate cost proposals and project-level statements of work (SOW) in order to successfully complete full life cycle software development projects.
* Follow project management process of project initiation, planning, execution, and closure to formally complete all projects.
* Use mentoring abilities to manage 10+ employees and various projects simultaneously.
* Identify and pursue new business opportunities, supporting Marketing and Sales, to result in new business captures.
* Collaborate with other members of the development team, project managers and executive team to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations while meeting deadlines and budgets.
* Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, 10 years of software experience with recent in-depth experience with .NET programming, and 3 years of project management experience to manage projects developing software applications.
* Have an ability to thrive with considerations towards volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity
* Use experience in running a custom application development engagement on the Microsoft technology platform, knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, and Project to create innovative business solutions.
* Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Intrigued? Check out these compelling AIS statistics:
* AIS is a "Washington Business Journal Top 50 Best Places to Work” Company
* AIS is a "Washington Business Journal Fastest Growing” Company
* AIS currently boasts a 85% retention rate.
* 85% of our original clients from about 30 years ago are still clients to this day.
* Average tenure is over eight years.
* Paid premium on medical, vision, and dental for the employee, paid overtime, and state of the art development tools are all a part of our outstanding benefits program
* Opportunity to work with the best of the best within the technical industry
Some of our best employees belong to user groups, share ideas, value knowledge, and are constantly learning. We are looking for people who recognize this level of excellence in themselves.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and businessneed.
Are you a returning applicant?