Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
DSFG-011230: Test Engineer II
Clearance Required Yes-Ability to Obtain
US Citizenship Required Yes
Schedule Full Time
Date Posted 2/21/2013
Location DC- WASHINGTON
Responsible for the design and development of test tools, and scripts for web applications and services. We use an agile software methodology and open source technologies to meet the demands of a large and growing high-profile user community. Our testing relies on a combination of automated and manual testing.
- Demonstrated experience in manual and automated testing of web applications at the unit and functional test level.
- Background in working with application managers to identify testable requirements.
- Previous experience performing 508-compliance assessments.
- Experience working at the LINUX prompt to review log files.
- Comfort level with relational database concepts and basic SQL.
- Experience with Open Source Testing Tools for Ruby on Rails
- in-browser acceptance testing: Watir/Cucumber/Selenium Webdriver
- unit and functional testing: Rspec/Test::Unit
- Exposure to performance and load testing.
- Exposure to CMMI, ITIL, or other frameworks that aid in identifying and monitoring quality.
- Previous experience as a software developer or business analyst.
Bachelor degree or equivalent in an IT or engineering-related field.
Typically requires at least 10 years relevant experience without a Degree; 4+ years relevant experience with Undergraduate Degree; 3+ years relevant experience with Graduate Degree
About Dell Inc.
Collaboration. Individual drive. A passion for technology. That’s what success sounds like at Dell. It’s this dedication to finding unique solutions that has given rise to many of our energy-smart, green initiatives. Sound like something you can get behind? Join our team, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who care about protecting our planet. Plus, you’ll get the mentoring, support and training you need to succeed on your own terms.
For more than 25 years, Dell has provided technology solutions to customers that improves their productivity, enhances their lives and meets their distinct needs. Headquartered in Round Rock, Texas, Dell has framed its business around the customers it serves, from the world’s largest and most demanding businesses and public sector organizations, to small and medium businesses, to consumers worldwide. At Dell, we promote an environment that thrives on innovation. To deliver effective solutions that meet customer challenges, Dell focuses on pivotal standards that drive future technology innovation.
Dell offers a competitive Salary and Bonus plan as well as a great Benefit Package. Please visit the About Dell section at www.dell.com for more information.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.