Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Location(s): Washington DC
While a job at an American Girl store certainly isn't child's play, it is an unparalleled opportunity to work in a very special place brimming with youthful energy and enthusiasm.
At the store, girls can shop for their favorite American Girl books, dolls, and accessories; get a new 'do for their dolls in our signature doll hair salon; and savor a delicious lunch, dinner, or weekend brunch from a menu of classic American favorites. There's even an interactive dessert bar and private party rooms for birthdays and other special celebrations.
We currently have part-time for experienced Cooks.
Purpose of Position:
* Prepare food of the highest quality with whimsical and creative touches. Deliver great guest experience to the Bistro guest.
* Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all areas including the removal of garbage, sweeping and wet mopping, washing counter tops and equipment on a daily basis.
* Perform opening, closing, and side duties established by the Kitchen Supervisors.
* Ensure proper food safety and workplace safety procedures are followed.
* Follow recipes in the preparation of all dishes. Establish working knowledge of work station and recipes that accompany it.
* Maintain a positive and collaborative attitude towards all company employees and guests.
* Adhere to company guidelines of dress, performance, and conduct.
We offer a competitive wages and 401(k) plans and a 30% discount on merchandise.
American Girl Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
* High School diploma required. Certification for an accredited or recognized culinary school, college, or comparable institution preferred.
* Certified in local food preparation safety and sanitation standards.
* Must have good knife skills and know how to grill, broil and roast meats, fish and poultry to order.
* Ability to attractively arrange and garnish dishes to restaurant standards. Weekend work is required.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer