Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: None
DEPARTMENT: Germantown Clubhouse
REPORTS TO: Branch Director
X Exempt ? Non-Exempt
Responsible for planning, directing, supervising, and evaluating Club athletic programs in line with Area/Branch strategy.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Plans and oversees the administration of designated Clubhouse athletic programs and
1. Establishes Clubhouse program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
2. Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards, goals, safety, and health requirements
3. Helps develop external partnerships within the sports, fitness, and recreation core area
4. Ensures that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in programs area(s).
5. Demonstrates leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
6. Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
7. Control Clubhouse athletic program and activity expenditures within approved budget and manage inventory
8. Increase visibility of Club athletic programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming sporting events.
9. Responsible for generating revenue via gym rentals.
1. Bachelor''s degree or education/experience equivalency.
2. A minimum of five years work experience in a Boys and Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
3. Must be computer literate.
4. Possess a valid driver''s license.
5. Training and experience in athletic activities (must be documented).
6. Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
7. Ability to supervise program assistants and make scheduling assignments.
8. Ability to coordinate multi-faceted athletic program of teaching skills, setting up intramural and summer camp teams.
9. Knowledge and skills in officiating team and individual sports and the ability to teach these skills to staff and members of all ages.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions that are required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
For immediate consideration, e-mail cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org Athletic Director (Germantown, MD) - Headquarters in subject line.