Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Agile Senior Software Engineer (Job Number:320635)
The SAIC Homeland Security Solutions Division (HSS) is currently seeking a Senior Software Systems Engineer with extensive experience with Agile development and holds a Scrum Master certification.
- Facilitating release and sprint planning; stand –ups, retrospectives and sprint demos
- Removing impediments/barriers that obstruct a team’s pursuit of its sprint goal without removing the team’s responsibility to their own barriers.
- Coaching the team to proactively anticipate and remove barriers so they can fully realize self-organization.
- Mediating and/or escalating issues not resolvable within the team.
- Ensuring external processes and dependencies are understood and followed where applicable and ensuring the scrum process is followed.
- Promoting Agile principles and utilization to deliver tangible results each sprint or release.
- Utilizing and analyzing relevant metrics to monitor performance and foster awareness within the team
- Communicating status, risks, barriers to relevant stakeholders
- Mentoring team members on agile software development principles and practices
- Supporting Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture.
- 10+ years of IT experience
- Demonstrated Scrum Master experience with Agile development methodologies and processes (Scrum in particular) on actual multiple project/program engagements required
- Strong Agile Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) experience required
- Works with their team(s) to meet established Sprint and Release goals through primary responsibilities of eliminating impediments, facilitating and training on agile processes, and leading continuous improvement efforts within their team
- Facilitates preparation and leading of agile process events including agile planning, demo/Sprint review and collaborative / design sessions
- Uses agile estimation techniques to help the team and program estimate features, epics, and user stories
- Conduct stand-up meetings, planning and review sessions, prioritize tasks and mitigate road blocks
Provide guidance and direction for developers, QA resources, and technical specialists on all assigned projects
- Contribute as needed in software development, software testing/QA and requirements analysis activities
- Familiarity with continuous integration practices and principles
- Coordinates teams operating under architectural and portfolio governance, system level integration, and system demos
- Excellence in both strategic and tactical planning, time management, meeting deadlines, and operating under tight time constraints
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization with both internal and external customers
Technical Skills (Hands on knowledge in at least 5 of the following areas)
- Oracle, ManagoDB
- Spring Frameworks
- Webshpere Portal
- Infosphere Identity Insight(ISII)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) (preferred)
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) (preferred)
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting:Jan 16, 2013, 4:20:00 PM
Primary Location:United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking:No