Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Federal - Technical Operations Analyst
Location: USA-DC - Washington, DC
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. With 4,000 dedicated US employees, Accenture Federal Services is uniquely positioned to support federal agencies in shattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering results. Accenture Federal Services is a long-time and trusted resource for the federal community. Every cabinet level agency in the United States-and 20 of the country's largest federal government agencies-have worked with Accenture Federal Services to achieve outcomes and move toward high performance. Join us and you can help our federal clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that touch the nation every day.
Member of the Technical Architecture team, the Technical Operations Analyst is responsible for designing and implementing solutions and services providing technical functionality.
Responsibilities may include (not limited to):
• Applies technical, industry, and functional knowledge to support/maintain application changes
• Helps troubleshoot architecture-related incidents and problems.
• Identifies and implements opportunities for improvements to methods/procedures/tools/services used in the environments.
• Works with the datacenter to plan, schedule, and execute infrastructure changes
• Provides timely responses to requests and resolves issues in a timely fashion.
• Documents architecture solutions using standard Accenture tools (e.g. Accenture Delivery Architectures)
• Provides input and analysis on planned architecture enhancements, changes, and fixes to platforms.
• Creates and updates required technical documentation.
• Provide on-call support outside normal business hours as needed.
• Participates in the design, testing and implementation of architecture changes.
• Works with the technical and development teams to understand business requirements and designs architecture solutions.
Basic Qualifications :
* 4 year technical degree, preferably BS in Computer Science, BS in Engineering, or BS in Information Technology
* 6 months experience with OLTP (web) and batch architectures
* 6 months experience with design, document, and explain application changes
* GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Must have graduation date no earlier than May 2011 and no later than May 31, 2013
Preferred Qualifications :
* Understanding of software development lifecycle
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
* Linux experience
* Unix/Linux scripting including bash, ksh, and/or perl
* Test execution experience
Professional Skill Requirements:
* Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
* Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
* Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.