Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Federal - Functional Analyst
Location: USA-DC - Washington, DC
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. With 4,000 dedicated US employees, Accenture Federal Services is uniquely positioned to support federal agencies in shattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering results. Accenture Federal Services is a long-time and trusted resource for the federal community. Every cabinet level agency in the United States-and 20 of the country's largest federal government agencies-have worked with Accenture Federal Services to achieve outcomes and move toward high performance. Join us and you can help our federal clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that touch the nation every day.
The Functional Analyst is expected to develop functional expertise and participate in various aspects of the software development lifecycle for the Application Management Team.
• Participating in requirements sessions, creating general designs, performing assembly testing, and supporting development efforts for multiple functional areas within team
• Providing functional support to Developers and System Analysts
• Supporting the resolution of production issues and data cleanup efforts through functional analysis and testing
• Participates in requirements, general design, and assembly testing activities at the direction of the Senior System Analyst or System Analyst.
• Develops functional expertise at the program level (Pell Grant Program and Direct Loan Program) and the COD subsystem level (Back End, Front End, Reportin, Web, and Java Batch).
• Participates in the requirements phase. Attends meetings with Federal Student Aid (FSA) client to gather complete set of requirements to support system changes. Works with system analysts, developers and operational staff to understand the new business requirements.
• Supports the development of general design documentation. Integrates new requirements into existing general designs. Identifies conflicting requirements and works with system analysts to resolve complex design issues and ensure general designs are complete.
• Supports developers and system analysts with assembly test planning and execution activities to ensure code quality before product test.
• Assists more senior team members with the research of production issues and data cleanup efforts.
• Reports weekly status updates to the Development Manager and/or Functional Lead.
• Implements solutions based on clearly defined directions from more senior team members.
• Continues to develop own industry, functional, technical, and administrative skills.
Basic Qualifications :
* BA or BS degree
* GPA of 3.2 or higher
* Two years minimum experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
* Must have graduation date of no earlier than May 2011 and no later than May 31, 2013
Preferred Qualifications :
* Knowledge of information systems, software development lifecycle, and current computer technology a plus
* Experience with software development and maintenance practices and methodologies (especially requirements, design and testing phases) a plus
Professional Skill Requirements:
* Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
* Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
* Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.