Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Solutions Analyst - Mobile
Job ID 7859
Pos. Type Regular - Full-Time
Category Information Technology
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
Apply for this jobONLINE
More information about this job:
Sirius XM Radio is America's satellite radio company.SiriusXM broadcasts more than 135 channels of commercial-free music, premier sports, live news, talk, comedy, entertainment, traffic and weather to 22.9 million subscribers. We are one of the world's largest pure-play audio entertainment companies and we are among the largest subscription media companies in the United States. SiriusXM broadcasts to subscribers everywhere they want to listen on more than 800 devices for cars, boats, the home or office, and through a wide range of mobile devices.
SiriusXM offers an impressive array of content that spans virtually all genres and interests, includingHoward Stern,Martha Stewart,Oprah Winfrey,Dr. Laura,Jamie Foxx,Opie & Anthony,Bob Edwards,Chris "Mad Dog" Russo,Jimmy Buffett,Elvis,Eminem,The Grateful Dead,B.B. King,Pearl Jam,Willie Nelson,Frank Sinatra, andTom Petty. SiriusXM is the leader in sports programming as the Official Satellite Radio Partner of theNFL,Major League Baseball®,NASCAR®,NBA,NHL®, andPGA TOUR® and offers major college sports.
SiriusXM has arrangements with every major automaker for installation of satellite radio in their vehicles. SiriusXM products are available throughshop.siriusxm.comand at retail locations nationwide. SiriusXM programming is also available atsiriusxm.com/whatson, and onApple iPad, iPhoneandiPod touch,BlackBerryandAndroid-powered smartphones using the SiriusXM Internet Radio App.
SiriusXM provides premium real-time video, traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers in cars, trucks, RVs, boats and aircraft throughSirius Backseat TV™,Sirius Travel Link,XM NavTraffic®,Sirius Traffic™,XM Nav Weather™, andSirius Marine™.
SiriusXM is committed to integrity, excellence, and diversity among itsemployees.
The Sr. Solutions Analyst will work as a consultant and partner with the business to help define and enact their mobile application strategy focusing on marketing and customer self-service programs. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the business with key mobile strategy decisions, assisting the business in clearly defining requirements for mobile applications, and converting these requirements into technical solutions for implementation. The Sr. Solutions Analyst will work with business, IT and project management teams across the entire software and systems development life cycle.
The Sr. Solution Analyst is expected to be experienced in mobile application design/strategy and well versed in the latest mobile technologies and trends. This person will be responsible for ongoing assessment of mobile technologies and will be expected to provide recommendations to both business and IT groups on moving our mobile strategy forward.
The Sr. Solutions Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. It is expected this person is able to effectively function in a lead role on projects related to Sirius XM’s mobile application strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead the IT solution development for Sirius XM’s mobile application strategy related to customer self-service and marketing applications.
* Assess mobile technology and emerging trends in order to provide recommendations on mobile strategy, process, and technologies.
* Work with business users on business requirements, processes and systems. Leverage knowledge of systems to provide input on system implications of proposed business changes.
* Analyze business requirements, assess alternative solutions, and develop functional requirements documenting the proposed solution.
* Handle aspects of user testing to promote the most seamless experiences possible for mobile applications.
* Manage vendors through professional services agreements to develop mobile enabled applications.
* Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
* Lead JAD sessions with architecture team to ensure system support for stated functional requirements when necessary. Establish alternative cases when applicable.
* Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
* Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
* Analyze and verify functional requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
* Establish and enforce proper change request management procedures for all projects to ensure proper scope control.
* Function as a lead analyst responsible for coordinating and motivating the analysis team to ensure successful completion of projects.
* Provide recommendations on new and enhanced processes to ensure that our organization continues to function as efficiently and effectively as possible.
* Author/maintain system documentation for our mobile application space.
* Promote strong standards for usability and user-centered design, with an understanding of the rules and when to break them.
* Oversee all interaction design elements like wireframes, app maps, and user experience briefs
* There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems related field, or equivalent experience
* Seven years related technical experience.
* Proven expertise in the mobile application space and with mobile technologies on various platforms including iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry.Requirements and General Skills:
* Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
* Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
* Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including the ability to provide oversight and guidance through all phases of the project life-cycle.
* Experience with various software development methodologies including waterfall and Agile.
* Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
* Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
* Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Prior experience with online marketing and customer self-service applications preferred.
* Prior experience with real-time transactional subscription billing systems preferred.
* Billing system, call center application and customer self-service experience preferred.
* Experience managing professional services relationships with vendors preferred.
* Proven experience in a User Experience leadership role.
* Knowledge of usability heuristics and best practice user experience for mobile and touch applications.
* Experience in application development preferred.
* Experience with the Kony One platform preferred.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice